ZÜBLIN Timber Project receives prestigious WAN Award!
Studio Andrew Todd's Hardelot Elizabethan Theatre has won the WAN Award 2017 (World Architecture News) in the category "Wood in Architecture" as the best timber construction project.
The award ceremony was held with architects from all over the world on 28 February 2018 at the Grosvenor Hotel in London.
In competition with other major projects by well-known architects such as Norman Foster's Maggie's Centre in Manchester, the award represents a major acknowledgement for the project.
ZÜBLIN Timber was responsible for the manufacture and supply of the curved Cross Laminated Timber Panels (LENO® CLT) used as a structural and finish material.
ZÜBLIN Timber awarded with the Offsite Award 2018
ZÜBLIN Timber is delighted that the Maggie’s Oldham project has collected the “Healthcare Project of the Year” and “Engineer of the Year" Award at the Offsite Construction Awards 2018. Huge credit to the client Maggie's, dRMM architects, Booth King Engineers and FParkinson Contractors for the determination, patience and exceptional hard work over the past years that has produced a building that we can be very proud of.
The scope of work covered by ZÜBLIN Timber included the design, manufacturing and installation of all timber elements including the world's first use of Cross Laminated Timber (CLT) Panels made from Tulip Wood hardwood.
Construction start for Germany’s first timber high-rise
- Stadtsiedlung Heilbronn GmbH hires ZÜBLIN to build timber high-rise SKAIO
- Ten-storey building to be erected as part of the city exhibition for the BUGA 2019 horticulture show in Heilbronn
- Construction start: January 2018
- Use of timber construction shortens the project schedule considerably
Official opening of Primary School at Baierbrunner Straße in Munich
- New campus with educational, after-school care and recreational offers for children and young people
- Several new buildings erected by ZÜBLIN Timber using timber construction
MERK Timber and Stephan Holzbau now named ZÜBLIN Timber
- Collaboration of ZÜBLIN, MERK and Stephan in timber construction now reflected in company name
- No organisational changes planned
ZÜBLIN and STRABAG unify their brand image
- ZÜBLIN colours to change to red, black and white
- 360° construction competence within the STRABAG Group becomes visual
- ZÜBLIN presents Construction 4.0 at Deutscher Bautechnik-Tag 2017 in Stuttgart
ZÜBLIN Timber receives special prize in GEPLANT+AUSGEFÜHRT competition
- New construction of the secondary school Schmuttertal-Gymnasium Diedorf wins special prize in the category FOKUS.GESUND BAUEN
- ZÜBLIN Timber was commissioned to build the school’s gym using timber construction
ZÜBLIN Timber presents itself successfully at BAU 2017 in Munich
- Timber engineering attracts great interest
- State Secretary Adler informs himself about ZÜBLIN Timber’s range of products and Services
Austria chooses timber construction from MERK Timber for its EXPO pavilion
- Züblin’s Stuttgart-based timber construction division, represented by its subsidiary MERK Timber GmbH of Aichach, made a substantial contribution to the construction of the pavilion by providing the full timber-framed structure.
LENO® gaining in acceptance: Now even more cross-sectional thicknesses available
- Züblin’s timber construction business is now offering its established cross-laminated timber assortment in even finer gradations
MERK Timber delivering LENO® elements for world’s tallest timber building
- ‘Treet’ – 14-storey residential high-rise in Bergen/Norway
Electric cars can now ‘fill up’ at Züblin in Stuttgart-Möhringen
- Züblin’s ‘Z-Box’ charging station being used not only by riders of the company’s e-bikes but also by Stuttgart-based carsharing provider car2go
Topping-out ceremony for GEWO residential complex Speyer-West
- Approximately four months after the start of construction, main contractor Züblin Timber has celebrated the topping-out ceremony for the Speyer-West residential complex together with the client.
ZÜBLIN Timber supplies LENO® CLT elements to present ‘The Smile’ at London Design Festival 2016
- ‘The Smile’ – First project worldwide to use large hardwood Cross-Laminated Timber (CLT) panels made from tulipwood.
- Züblin Timber produced and installed the entire timber structure consisting of 12 massive LENO® Cross-Laminated Timber elements.
Exhibitions, trade fairs, and events are a chance for you, and for us, to establish new contacts quickly and effectively. For this reason, you will find us at major exhibitions and trade fairs as well as at smaller conventions, conferences and events.