LENO® gaining in acceptance: Now even more cross-sectional thicknesses available
LENO® cross-laminated timber – the massive, large-format construction elements of crosswise gluedlaminated boards of coniferous timber – has firmly established itself on the market and is being used by designers as the material of choice for ceiling, wall or roof elements.
Stuttgart, 20 January 2015 To further facilitate the use and calculation of LENO® timber and to make the products more customer-friendly, Züblin’s timber competence alliance is now offering its entire LENO® assortment in cross-sectional thickness gradations of 1cm. This decision was announced at the Bau 2015 trade fair in Munich (Hall B5, Stand 5.518), where the new cross sections were also presented to the public for the first time. The additional gradations will be available commercially starting on 1 March 2015.
Users of LENO® construction elements enjoy a number of crucial advantages over comparable products:
- simpler construction and tenders
- wide selection of optimised cross sections for wall and ceiling use with a thickness between 70mm and 310mm
- material-efficient and economic calculation thanks to fine thickness gradations in 1cm steps (in comparison, other manufacturers use 2cm steps)
- flexibility to manufacture specialty elements for double-axis load situations or to produce curved elements remains one of the core competences of Züblin’s timber construction competence alliance
- free and user-friendly calculation programme included in the service package
The quality categories will remain unchanged at ‘Industry’, ‘Industry Visual’, ‘Nordic Visual Quality’, ‘Fine Line’ and ‘Face Veneer’.